12 July 2008

Lilac Iris

Another of my lovely Starving Artistamps flower stamps today. The Iris is stamped in black versafine ink and embossed with black detail embossing powder. I coloured with prismacolor pencils and sansodor/oms, cut out and mounted on dimension tape over a panel of cuttlebug paisley embossed lilac pearlescent card. These were placed on the white card blank, also embossed in the cuttlebug this time with stylised flowers folder. I added a little stickles to the flower petals, a lilac satin ribbon and liquid pearls to finish.

This was a nice quick card and the first time I've photographed a card at night which I usually avoid as I don't normally get very good results, I wanted to upload this card to a challenge and it was dark by the time I finished it so I thought I'd give it a another try. The picture is a little dark at the bottom but apart from that I was quite pleased with how it turned out as it seems to show up the embossing nicely. I placed the card under a tall lamp, turned off the flash and used the macro setting (this setting usually has flower symbol on most digital cameras).

TFL and back soon,
Chris

3 comments:

Louby said...

Another beautiful flower card Chris.The photo has turned out well too - i'm the same usually wait til daylight but might be tempted to try at night next time looking at your great result.

Unknown said...

lovely card , great colours Tx

ohradiogirl said...

Very nice card. I like the color and the embossing.