29 March 2009

Colour Create Challenge 9 - Blue and Lilac

Hi everyone and time for this week's Colour Create Challenge which this week has been set by my lovely DT friend Sharon with the gorgeous colours of lilac and blue and an option ribbons and swirls. Thanks Sharon, I loved your challenge and I love my ribbons so this was perfect as are all the wonderful cards from the rest of the team, all very beautiful and inspirational. There is a wonderful prize on offer this week from Tara to celebrate CC having over 10,000 hits and also because Tara has just celebrated her birthday. There are lots of gorgeous craft items including some Anya's! If you want to be in with a chance of winning the prize then Tara asks that just for this week you don't combine your CC card with any other challenges but if you don't want the prize then combining is fine. Hope you can join in this week.

My card is also a wallet card made from a sheet of lilac A4 card but I didn't photo the inside as I'd already written the message. The image is the gorgeous fairy 'Rosabella' designed by my friend Sandra Dry and is available in her digi stamp shop. I sized her to fit my card, printed her out and she was really lovely to colour with markers. I've added stardust stickles over most of her and then cut her out and mounted with glue gel. The blue background layer is embossed with the branches embossing folder and then sponged with Dusty Concord distress ink. Flower shapes, swirls and scalloped pieces are all cut with the Cricut and sponged with ink on the edges. I added the woodware sentiment, lilac sheer ribbon and gems to finish. Hope you're all having a lovely weekend. TFL. Chris x

30 comments:

pinky said...

I just love this card, the colours are so soft, the image is beautiful. Would love to have seen inside too, don't sign the next one unless it has my name in it lol.
Pinky

Tara said...

Well you sure know how to make a girl smile Chris, I love this card so much and i think it has happy written all over it! Fantastic image and so beautifully laid out, well done you! xx

Tab said...

Ooooh another stunningly gorge card, is this I see! Love the image, and its coloured beautifully too! Fab background, tis delish!
Hugs Tab xxx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Chris and such a wonderful combo of colours, I love the flowers and the image is just beautiful. Scrummy ribbon too which goes perfectly with this card :) Donna x

Karen said...

she's gorjus Chris. Love the way you've done those flowers.

Love Karen xxx

Sandra said...

Oh Chris.... I want to marry your card!!!!!! ;o) You have created such a beautiful and truly classic fairytale feel with Rosabella.
So dreamy and whimsical....
Hugs
Sandra xx

Allies Creative Designs said...

Wow Wow ehat can I say! This card is absolutley gorgeous. I love the colors, flowers, and the image. Hugs

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is incredible Chris. That fairy image is beautiful; looks extra special with the stickles. Wonderful swirls and an amazing, stunning flower.
Sharon xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Beautiful I love the flower and the colours you chose hugs pascale

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

This card is sooo beautiful! Great job!

Martine said...

i love this wallet chris, and its even more beautiful in real life, thankyou again sweetie


hugs

Martine

Tara Godfrey said...

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!! This is a show stopper of a card, Chris! the colours are YUM-O!!! and Rosabella is super stunning!!! I love the glittery effect that you achieved on her it is fabulous and, of course, your colouring is superb!!!! I agree with TaraW This card just makes me HAPPY!!!
Hugs,t

Nannieflash said...

Oh Chris I love the colouring on this card its so very vibrant. Well done love Shirley

Mrs Wonka said...

This is beautiful, well done Chris!

Mrs W x

Mina said...

Love this Chris...its a fab card...I love your great flower its stunning xxx

Cass said...

Gorgeous card Chris.Love the colours and the image is beautiful.

Cass xxx

Kim said...

Chris this is beautiful! You rocked the challenge! Beautiful card and all the elements are so pretty together! Love the flourish leave you used! Stunning work!
Hugs~ Kim

deifen said...

Stunning card Chris-the colours are so so pretty!
Dei xx

Larissa said...

HI Chris!

What a beauty! Love the big flower with all the different textures!

Hugs,
Larissa

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Oh my Chris, what a stunning card, im loving that fairy image and the colours youve chosen here! lovely work as always. Hope you've enjoyed your weekend, its been so warm and sunny today! hugs Linda x

jjcreations said...

What a wonderful little inspiration. I love these colours - the card is fantastic.

PatR said...

Gorgeous card Chris I love the image and the way you've glittered her. The flowers and swirls are just lovely

Pat xx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Chris. Love the image and the colouring is beautiful. Hope you had a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Chris,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Maria Matter said...

Wowzer, this is gorgeous Chris! These colors and this pretty sparkly image are just fabulous!!!
Can't wait for your new challenge blog to start this fri!
Hope you had a lovely weekend!!
blessings, Maria

Faye said...

Beautiful card, Chris.

Heather said...

Oh so pretty Chris - beautiful shades of blue and lilac. Love your flower 'tree' and Sandra's gorgeously cute image.
hugs Heather xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

She's gorgeous Chris and the flower looks fabulous, Big Hugs, Nikki x

jami {sgtStamper} said...

These colors are marvelous with that sweet fairy - simply magical! I love all the sparkle!

Isabelle Norris said...

This is just so elegant Chris. Lovely card!
hugs,
isaxx