26 June 2009

Dare U 2 Digi Stamp Challenge 13 - Kim's Sketch

Hi everyone, a card today for Dare U 2 Digi Stamp Challenge 13 which this week is to follow a great sketch designed by Kim, thanks Kim, I really enjoyed working with your sketch. Hope you can join us this week and there's some great inspiration from my design team friends to get you started on the blog.

I've used my new 'Butterfly Fairy' image which will be available soon in the digi shop and coloured her with pencils, partially cut her out around the wings and layered her on BasicGrey Scarlett's Letter paper and cream card mounted with dimension tape. The other layers are the same paper and card which have all been sponged around the edges with black distress ink and placed according to the sketch which I've tweaked slightly to make a long shaped card. The sentiment tag is cut with nestie tag dies which I just managed to get from Dies to Die for (thanks as always Tracy for the top service). I've added Doodlebug rub on letters and some gems to the tag. The little butterflies are punched from the same BG paper and I've added ribbon, some more black gems and stickles glitter glue to the image to finish. Nearly the weekend, have a good Friday. TFL. Chris x


18 comments:

Wilma said...

oh no Chris - you are tmepting us yet again with more digi-stamps - love the card:)

Karen said...

STUNNING cards Chris.

Love Karen x

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous Chris and that image is stunning
Wendy x

simplyfairies said...

Utterly stunning Chris, and how beautiful is that fairy...

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Chris what a totally stunning card, i am loving your image, its absoutely breathtaking! I hope you are well, you've made so many lovely cards since my last visit, im sorry ive not been by much, time is always running out these days!! have a lovely weekend, hugs Linda x

Beth Norman said...

Oh my heavens and stars this is sooooo beautiful. Your outline colour really makes this image pop!

Rach said...

a stunning card Chris. wonderful. hugs rachxx

Nannieflash said...

Wow Chris, your angel is stunning, I love the papers and all the little butterflies are beautiful WEll done love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Chris. I love the new image and the punched butterflies look fantastic!
Clairex

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Chris.

Hugs Riet.x

Tara said...

Oh this is just divine Chris, how you keep coming up with the goods I do not know!! Your fairy is so beautiful and very elegant too!
Have a fabby weekend ;o) xx

Di said...

Oh Chris this is just fab Again!!
I love this fairy cant wait for it to be in your shop.
Your colouring is amazing as always and i lovr the background and butterflies.

Hugs Di xxxx

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Love this card!! What a gorgeous image! Looking forward to purchasing it myself :)

COCO said...

wo Chris your card is very stunning !!!
hugs COCO

debby4000 said...

Oh how fabulous is that fairy, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Mina said...

now I defo have to get this image...hope it will be soon Chris...I havent seen this challenge before but will hop over and have a look xxx

Larissa said...

Gorgeous card! Your new image is again stunning and it is just more stunning how you colored her.

Hugs,
Larissa

Donna said...

Your butterly image is stunning Chris, I lover her red hair and the papers are perfect, love all the little butterflies :) Donna x