28 September 2009

Ally Pally and Embellish

Hi everyone, I hope you've all had a good weekend. I had a brilliant time on Saturday at the Big Stamp and Scrapbooking Show at Alexandra Palace in London and met up with my blog friends Jo, Kim and Kim for the first time. What a treat it was to meet them, such lovely ladies, we had a great time and it was a day to remember! I'm looking forward to the next one! I bought a few things and nothing cute at all, mostly arty stuff so I'll be giving the grunge paper a whirl soon!  Jo kindly sent me some of the photo's that were taken on her camera as I'd forgotten to put the memory card back in mine and here we all are below


fltr Jo (Boots Blogspot), Kim Costello (Paper Babe), me, Kim Dellow (Crafty Makes)

A nice coffee break mid afternoon and it was such a great pleasure to meet Jacqui (Cats whiskers) (my right) for the first time as we've been in touch since I started blogging and never managed to get together. We also met Debbie (debbie4000) (standing behind me) just before she left which was a lovely surprise.


It was great to meet Bev at last who was demonstrating and able to take a minute for a few pictures :). I can't believe I didn't manage to be in this picture!!! And here we also bumped into the lovelies Marlene and Caz. Sadly we missed Rach who was there but we didn't see.



A big hello to you all girls and thanks for making Saturday a very special day!




Here's a card I made today for the challenge on Embellish. The colours are turquoise, kraft, red and brown and it must also include twine. Now that I read it again I think these are the only elements allowed apart from any stamps used and I realise I've added ribbon which isn't in the list, whoops, looks like I've failed on this one! I've made a flower loosely based on a tutorial that Kim sent me the link to and the roses are so pretty but use stamps I don't have so my flower is very different as it had nine petals instead of the six it's meant to have but I'm pleased with how it came out. The card blank and matting layers are all Bazzil turquoise card and the Bazzil Kraft card including the kraft card for the flower has been stamped randomly with Artistic Stamper background stamps: dotty background and houndstooth background with Fired Brick and Broken China distress ink. I've sponged the edges with vintage photo and made up the little tags from the same card. The sentiment is from Family Greetings by Elzybells. Have a good Monday. Chris x

17 comments:

strawberry fields said...

Chris this looks like so much fun! WISH we still lived in London so I could go to things like this!
Love this card too
hugs
fiona xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Chris, so gla dyou had a lovely day, whish i could have gone, but life got in the way this time round. Look forward to seeing what you do with your new goodies. Im sure it will be something sensational like always. Have a good week, hugs Linda x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Looks like a fab day meeting up with friends!! I just LOVE that card you have made! Stunning colours and the flower is amazing! Definetely going to check out that tutorial! I am always wowed at your blog!
Judy xx

Fiona said...

Gorgeous card Chris, love that vintage look. Sounds like you had a great time at A.P.
Just about to try to link my card to CC, following your instructions. If it doesn't appear you know I've done it wrong!
Fiona x

Kim Dellow said...

It was just the best ever day! It was so fabulous being able to meet you Chris. Thank you for a lovely day :)
Gorgeous make, I adore the flower! Have a good week.
Kimx

Rach said...

HIya sweetie,
such a shame that i missed you and some of the other girls... you got some fabulous pictures...
love your card that you have made, and that flower is lush!!!
big hugs Rachxx

Kim Dellow said...

Me again! I just had to have your Christmas card Crisis piccy - I've just downloaded it at your shop, it is wonderful! Tee Hee! Kimx

Jo Nevill said...

Hi ya darlin !

What a fantastic day we had, just can't wait for the next one. Thank you for making my "first" so special !!

Your card is absolutely gorgeous and its so lovely for me to see what you made it with. The dotty stamp and dogs tooth stamp look so fantastic - wish I had bought them now - never mind, next time !!!

Take care and speak to you very soon,

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello Luvly :)

It was sooo much fun meeting up with you girls, I'm still buzzing from it all today!!

Have you managed to put all your goodies away? :)
You are going to Birmingham too right? meeting up with everyone again?

Love your card and that flower is amazing.. after I'd seen the tutorial I had to go and order some more Wendy stuff and can't wait to get going with my grunge paper.. heehee

Have a fabulous day hun,

Hugs, Marlene x

Kim Costello said...

Totally love your card and the texture and layers are fabulous. as for the ribbon that's fine there's a video Ashley did that says you can add pretty much anything but definitely has to include twine.
I only just got a little card done for embelish not very happy with it but had a go and that's what it's about.

The stamps look great fun and your flower is yummy as is, thinking I might try a die cut instead!

HuGs Kim :)

Georgia said...

Hi Chris,
I'm glad you had fun at the Ally Pally show, it looks like you had a fantastic time! My mum really wishes she could have gone!
I absolutely LOVE your card! These colours look fabulous together and the flower is lovely. I love your new blog look by the way! ;)
Love, Georgia xx

Karen said...

STUNNING !

Love Karen x

Marimer said...

Que bien os lo habeis pasado, me alegro, a veces hay que desconectar, aunque realmente estuviste conectada, pero diferente.
Bss

June Houck said...

Oh, how fun to meet blog friends for real and get together. Your card is wonderful, even without a fabulous Chris Dark colored image :)

craftymum said...

Sounds like you had a great time at Ally Pally. I wish i had known that the bloggers I follow were there as I was too, demo'ing Promarkers and JustRite Stampers for Hotshot crafts. I shall be at the NEC if you get there. Please come and say hello and if you get the chance please check out my blog
Thanks Love Sarah XXX
P.S. I simply ADORE all your cards!!!!!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Chris, love the colours and the fab papers :) it sounds like you had the bestest time at AP on Saturday and got the chance to meet some wonderful people :) Donna x

Dawn said...

Wow how great to see faces to all the names I recognise - you must have had a blast Chris - Trust me to live in another country!!!! LOL

Love the card - stunning as ever!

hugs
Dawn
xx