31 October 2009

BasicGrey Challenges - 7 - Photo Inspiration





Hi everyone, where has the week gone, well where has the fortnight gone for that matter, as we're onto a new challenge today at BasicGrey Challenges and this time we have a love inspiration photograph for you to work from supplied by our lovely Tara W. I love the colours in this which is what  I've gone for the colour scheme in the photo, thanks T, I enjoyed it.



The monthly prize draw is taking place and will be announced later today, and from now on our generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a lovely BG themed prize for every challenge. Here is a photo of the gorgeous prize you could win to be announced at the start of our next challenge on 14th November!




The base colour of my tag is cream so I've left some of that showing to fit with the inspiration photograph. I used aged mahogany distress ink for the red colour and walnut stain for the brown colour. The red was used first, I stamped the pad onto my craft sheet then spritzed with water and I dragged the tag through it and dried off with a heat gun, I did the same with the walnut stain ink. I stamped the solid Christmas tree image from the Kadoodle 'Joi de Noel' set from the Craft Barn several times in the red and then the brown and while one was still damp I added burgundy perfect pearls. I've also added some Ranger Distres crackle paint in Rock Candy and Antique Linen, script and crackle background stamps by Personal Impressions and letters from Impression Obsession. I did some highlighting around the stamped images and the edge of the tag with a gold metallic pen, added some gems, a metal photo corner, a BasicGrey Button and Ambrosia fibres to finish. Happy Halloween! TFL.

23 comments:

Stef H said...

now that is definitely inspiration. i love that living room! i love your tag too. it's gorgeous!

happy halloween.

hugs,

Anne said...

Oh WOW!! This is stunning Chris!! It's so rich and delicious and I love the crackled edges! Fantastic!!! xx

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Chris, this tag is so pretty! What fab colors!! TFS!

Maria Therese said...

cool tag!

Tara said...

You've done such an amazing job with this tag Chris.... imagine receiving a parcel with that attached. Fantastic techniques and beautiful use of the colours.... I'm on the lookout for some 'grungy' stuff at the NEC next Saturday so I can have a go at something like this!
Hugs Tara xx

Jo Nevill said...

Such a fantastic tag Chris. I bet you had great fun with all those goodies and getting all painty and inky ! Love the images you have used - beautiful.

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Kathy said...

Hello Chris!!! I am finally feeling good enough to surf some blogs!!!
This creation is fabulous and I think you could give Tim Holtz a run for his money!!! Love it!! You have to be one of the most creative people I know!! Just gorgeous and am in awe of imagination and insightfulness!! Just gorgeous!!
Hope you have a great week-end :)Kathy

Marimer said...

Bellísimo, la combinación de colores y texturas, el diseño todo, es precioso, un gran trabajo, me encanta. Bss

pinky said...

Excellent idea to make a tag and love what you have made, way to nice to give to anyone though lol.
Pinky

Donna said...

Stunningly elegant tag Chris, such lovely warm, rich colours too :) Donna x

Fiona said...

Superb tag Chris, you are sooo creative-so many fab techniques. Love all the gorgeous colours and textures you have used.
Fiona x

ladynurse4 said...

stunningly beautiful.

Beth Norman said...

Your tag is beautiful. I can't stop starring at it.

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous tag Chris I love the way youve distressed it, its gorgeous. WEll done with love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Georgia said...

This is soooooo beautiful Chris! I so love the script background and the lettering looks stunning! I really like how you've inked it and the gold looks fantastic!! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Karen said...

Absolutely Stunning !

Love Karen xxx

angelwhispers said...

This tag is stunning Chris!! Love all the techiques and the colours xx

Mervi said...

Absolutely gorgeous;-))m

Mina said...

wow Chris...stunning, so gorgeous
Mina xxx

Tara said...

Hello you!
Hop over to my blog as I've left an award for you ;o)
Hugs Tara xxx

Ila said...

Oh Wow!! this tag is totally Gorgeous!!...I love the rich colors...(love the inspiring living room photo too!)...Hugs, Ila

Sandra said...

Totally 'Gorge' Chick! Such an expressive and warm piece. One to be treasured forever.
Sandra x

Isabelle Norris said...

oh WOWOW !! this is truly stunning !!! love it!
isaxx