17 November 2009

Ready Steady Stamp 9 – Christmas Banner

<KENOX S860  / Samsung S860>

<KENOX S860  / Samsung S860>

Hi everyone, I’ve joined in with the challenge on Ready Steady Stamp which has an ongoing theme for the next few weeks and which I thought was a great idea. The challenge is to make a Christmas Banner over the next few challenges by making one or more parts of it with the set of ingredients posted on each new challenge and on the last one you make your banner up in time for Christmas. Here are the ingredients for the first part of the bunting.

I’ve chosen green, cream, gold and white as my colour scheme and you have to stick to the colours you choose throughtout. For my stars I used the star from Joi de Noel set available at the Craft Barn and then I’ve heat embossed with clear embossing powder over the top. I’ve stamped some smaller gold stars from an old Woodware set randomly around and I’ve also cut three out and popped them up on foam pads. I chose glitter from ing. 3 and have used plenty of Stardust Stickles. I’ve done some sponging with Antique Linen distress ink for the cream part of my colour scheme and I’ve also sponged with gold metallic ink and done a bit of doodling with a gold gel pen. There are some gold stamped Chistmas words from the Woodware set and embossed the green background piece of the banner with a stars embossing folder then swiped over the raised stars with the gold ink. I really enjoyed making this and I’m looking forward to the next one and seeing how they all fit together at the end or if they fit together at all :D! Thanks to Fiona for making her beautiful tag so that I found the challenge.  TFL.

16 comments:

Isabelle Norris said...

Chris, i'm so glad you joined in ! This first one is stunning! love the colours you have used to.
Can't wait to see the next one
hugs,
isaxx

angelwhispers said...

Love the colours you have chosen for you Banner the detail looks fab!! Good luck with the rest, will look forward to seeing them xx

Mervi said...

Oh this is so beautiful, waiting to see more;-))m

Marimer said...

Bueno, va a quedar un gran trabajo, si todos son como el tuyo de creativo, sera un placer verlos juntos, estaré pendiente a la evolución. Bss.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful banner. Love the colours. Anesha :-)

Fiona said...

Beautiful Chris, love the colours and all the different techniques you've used. Have just seen the next part of the challenge and looking forward to it, but where to get Kraft card?
Thanks for the mention.
Fiona x

Nine said...

Beautiful banner !

P'tite Plume said...

Very, very beautiful!

Julia Dunnit said...

Great idea - and OMG, yours is looking fab already!

Angelnorth said...

Love the way you've used the big stars, fab triangle!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Chris thats some banner, will look lovely over the mantlepiece. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

mckinkle said...

Blimey I think this looks amazing as is! Can't wait to see what else happens!
Keryn x

Georgia said...

Oh wow! This is fabulous Chris! The colours look so striking together and I absolutely love the stars! Beautiful! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Kathy said...

WOW this is stunning! Love the colors that you have combined and the pattern is so cool!! Love the idea of this ~ can't wait to see what yours looks like when you have completed it!!
:)kathy

Melisa Waldorf said...

Triangle #1 is so beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest!

NETTI said...

I really love this banner, Chris!
Colour scheme is so fresh and I love your dotted lines around the stars!