6 December 2011

Tag 6 - Twelve tags of Christmas




Hi everyone and I'm here with of Tag 6 of  Tim's twelve tags of Christmas, late but on the same day which is good and also means I'm up to where I got to last year with the tags :D, we'll see! As soon as I saw TH's tag today I knew it was going to be my favourite, I love the vintage and nostalgic (for me) look to it. It really does replicate the old style biscuit tins and vintage Christmas ornaments which I still have a few of from my Grandparents going back many years. I've painted and sanded metal before and love doing that but I wouldn't have thought of doing this to it, TH really does have the best ideas and I want to try this for some other projects.

I had everything that was used for the original tag except for the drill punch so I couldn't make the hole in the charm and used tinsel trim instead and I used a different brand of paint. This is the first time I've used this embossing folder and I wish I'd remembered it sooner! I can imagine this technique being used again soon. If you're following along with the tags but can't make them all this one is a good one to try, the results are gorgeous. I think this one will end up on the tree instead of a gift bag.

6 comments:

Juls said...

fabulous!!! Love the metalic effect, and your fabby tinsil detail! Hugs Juls

Exclusively by Mel said...

I love it!
It looks superb, very nostalgic.
And mega clever!
It will make a fantastic tree decoration.
Love, Mel. xxx

Christina C. said...

OMG, Chris, this is the MOST AMAZING tag I have ever seen....I am in awe!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful tag Chris.

Hugs Riet.xx

Faye said...

Ooooooh very stylish. I'd never pull this look off, so I am awe. :) Hope all is well with you. xxx

Cami said...

Wow! This is truly a great piece of art! So many techniques and using various mediums, this is labor intensive but I know it's second nature to you! Stunning!
Hugs, Cami