19 January 2012

Doodles Unleashed Workshop - Week 2 - sunglasses may be required :)



Hi everyone, hope your week has been good! A post today of week 2 of the free 'Doodles Unleashed' online course I'm doing at Strathmore and week 2 was all about doodling with a variety of water colour mediums, using found objects, templates etc., hand made stamps from foam which I did using a cut glass bowl to make an imprint in some cut and dry stamp pad foam for the mark making. The second lesson definitely had a different feel to it and produced the A3 piece below. The point of the lesson being to cut down the piece and develop it to use in other projects, finding doodles within the doodles I suppose. I've made the canvas and the tag above and it's interesting to see how each piece takes on a completely different life once it's been cut down, I still have pieces left over too. Below is the A3 watercolour piece I made. This is actually week three of the course but the piece won't be used until next week's lesson where we'll be using  it as a base for collage and a painted girlie girl :)...............well hopefully girlie anyway, not much drawing practice going on here lately! 


I'm entering my canvas and tag into Simon Says Stamp where this week the theme is 'anything but a card'.

Enjoy your evening :)

18 comments:

angelwhispers said...

My word Chris you are such an artist these are just wonderful and so arty!! Thanks for sharing Chanelle xxx

Fleur said...

Hi Chris, these are awesome, fantastic use of gorgeous colours
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

Denise said...

Oh Chris these are so beautiful. Especially love the tag with all the white dotting and your canvas is out of this world. Signed up for this course after your last post but have not had a chance to do anything yet!!
Hugs
Denise xx

Fiona said...

Groovy! Were you on acid when you created the first piece? I am picturing you sitting cross legged in a kaftan with a joss stick wafting smoke across the room.
Beautiful tag.
xx

CraftyC said...

Wow Chris what fab creations. The card is very hippy and the tag is just beautiful!
Clairexx

Candy C said...

Chris, your piece is really really cool! I love all of your vivid colors and then the white just POPS!! I love all three projects that you're featuring right now on your blog. Great technique! Thanks for showing us your art at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Only By His Grace said...

Wow Chris, that first one sure is psychedelic. Gorgeous colors.
The tag is so beautiful as is the bottom piece. I always loved this green and purple together. I've never tried this before but I am always doodling so should give it a go. Love all of them Chris.
Hugs Maz

Trish Latimer said...

Wow! fabulous colours! Love these!

Miranda said...

This looks stunning Chris, like your kind of art! greetz Miranda

Jane said...

Wow!! What a fantastic piece of work - I love it! Hope you're having fun on the course.
Hugs
Jane

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi lovely,
I think they are all so pretty!
But I adore the canvas!!
Right up my street.
Love, Mel. xxx

whyducks said...

Stunning Chris!

Dan said...

Your doodle pieces are just stunning, so vibrant and alive! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

June Nelson said...

Crikey!!!!! these must have taken ages, oh your such a patient lady, but it pays off your work is first class and I cannot wait daily to see what you come up with next, I just know its going to be diverse!! amazing Chris xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Faye said...

Oooooh this is very flower powery! :) And I see you've been up to your usual FAN.Tastic colouring. xxx

Francoise said...

Some fab pieces Chris. Love the tag especially. Fantastic doodling!!!

Lau W said...

Oh fantastic ! Love this creation very much !
xxx

Julia S-W said...

Wow. I love the tag and those 'Doodle' pages are stunning! Inspiring to say the least!! Julia