18 April 2012

TOMIC 46 - Mini world and doo hickey tag


Hi everyone! There's a new challenge starting on TOMIC today which is to use any stamp from Magnolia mini world, a doohickey tag die as the base for the stamp and then the tag can be part of a larger item. Hope you can join us for the challenge and as always there's a gorgeous prize to be won.

 I've used the cute mini world Tilda from the new stamp club kit and I stamped her onto the doohickey tag which is cut from watercolour paper. I watercoloured with various media, inked edges, added stickles and mounted the tag on to the blue card then cut around it to leave a border.


I made a gift box, pizza box style which measures four inches square, it's my favourite box to make as it's so simple and can be modified to different sizes very easily. I think the patterned paper is October Afternoon, but not too sure and after decorating the box with that I added the tag on top of a Spellbinders fleur de lis die cut, added ribbon, flowers, pearls and a beaded tassel at the front.


This is one of the rare occasions when all the sparkle of the stickles has shown up in the photographs but it shows up a bit too much :D...........can't believe I said that!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

absolutely stunning Chris what a gorgeous piece of mini art xx

Dena said...

Sooo cute Chris!! Your coloring is so jaw dropping gorgeous!!
I LOVE your mixed media journal page too! Wow! That is stunning!!
Hugs, Dena

Bluefairy4U said...

Really lovely Chris, my Granddaughter is now liking the arty look so I have shown her your Blog and she's says you'r !Really Clever so look out she might start stalking your Blog ha ha lots of love Jo xxxx

Nicola said...

Such stunning inspiration Chris, I love your perfect tag on that fab pizza box. I say it every time but I'm totally in awe of your exquisite colouring, I wish I lived near you so you could give me a lesson or two!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Carole Pillon said...

I did not knew tha the size of Magolia Mini Wrold matched perfectly with these tags... great !

I really love this coloring and this motive.... yes, I think so, this is a piece of art !

Bravo Chris !

Andrea said...

cute as ever!!!!!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Chris!
Now that is really cute. Love the embellishments on this box and the DP's. Great colouring and colours.
Hugs Maz

angelwhispers said...

OMG divine Chris such amazing colouring and such gorgeous colours! Chanelle xxx

Christina C. said...

OMG, Chris, this is absolutely gorgeous and delightful! Your coloring, as always, is phenomenal! What a fabulous scene you created with this adorable mini!!!!
I can NEVER get the sparkles to show up on the photo....I think it's just perfect! Lovely details on this awesome box!

Sandy said...

Well I am just going to agree with everything Christina has said - beautiful work!!
sandy

Diane said...

Hi Chris! I'm a very bad blogger these days but just popping in for a long overdue visit - fabulous work, as always! I just love this mini scene you've created with tiny Tilda as the centrepiece! Whoever receives this little work of art is one lucky person!
Stay well and happy!
Diane x

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Chris this is stunning.
luv
Debby

June Nelson said...

How did I miss this!!!!! you sneaked it in lol. aw my goodness oh my goodnes words cant describe how fabulous this is my talented pal, just magnificent xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx