10 July 2012

Tag Swap


Hi everyone! Long time no blog for me, I hope you're all well out there and here I go with a very long cup of coffee post :). Due to a technical hitch I'm several weeks late in sharing the photographs of a tag swap I did with my lovely friend Elly (mixed media and more blogspot) in Germany. Elly is an incredibly talented artist who can turn her hand to a myriad of styles and techniques with great style, she's also extremely supportive of all her friends creations and has a great sense of humour. Hope you'll pop over to her blog as there is always something gorgeous to see.

I received the beautiful tags above from Elly, every one an exquisite piece of work with many gorgeous layers, details and techniques. Our theme was nature, Elly added vintage style as well and these are all of that and much more. The colours are so pretty and in real life they're very tactile.



I was excited to find that my package didn't stop with the tags, it also included the stylish black and white Chanel ATC and clever spoon pendent which I've since worn and received lovely comments about (pictured above). I received the prettiest card too, all pink and beautiful :).Happy Days!!! Looking forward to our next swap and thank you Elly for everything, I love it all but sorry I wasn't able to blog about it before now.

Below are the things I sent to Elly together with some fabric. The first item is a little notebook using a technique from Andy Skinner's timeworn techniques workshop which is where we met. 


I made a flag book to contain the tags I sent and which can be added to in the future. ( These photo's are from Elly's blog, they came out much better than mine). More Andy Skinner techniques for the cover.


The tags I sent below


Crinkled paper from the parcel Elly sent to me stamped with Tim Hiltz Stamps and a die cut tattered leaf with one Tim's tecniques.


Lots of layers of inking on this one and stamped with Andy Skinner stamps.


Thanks for staying until the end :), back soon with a spread from my mixed media book and an image transfer technique.

13 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...so nice to have you back Chris...gorgeous swaps!...so much thought has gone into the very last detail, stunning work & so beautiful to look at, your eyes just want to linger!!...the most amazing thing about this wonderful crafting network is the beautiful people you meet...I met Elly throught a swap she had done with Mark (also from Andy Skinner!) and Chris I came to you through Elly when she posted about this amazing swap you both did...amazing inventive minds, I'm just so glad i'm here...Melxx :)
If you'd like to do a swap with me at some point I'd loVe that :)

Faye said...

I was only looking for you last night and hoping you were ok. Aren't you lucky getting these pretty pieces. Of course, your swap partner is just as lucky. Gorgeous work. xx

Exclusively by Mel said...

WOW your both super talented, I loved looking at all the beautiful makes!
What a lovely idea to swap.
Love,melly. xxx

angelwhispers said...

Lovely to see you post today Chris and what a beautiful post it is just full of beautiful works and lovey techniques!! You are so lucky to swap these Arty works between yourselves I bet you can't wait to open them when they arrive! Love Chanelle xxx

LAURA KANT said...

Absolutely amazing work of art! You and Elly are both great artists, and so talented! What a pleasure to watch these fantastic tags! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs, Laura

Elly said...

Sure, this swap was amazing and i looooooooooooove every single piece you've made for me. Believe me, i'm thrilled to know you.
Hugs xo Elly

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Chris,This is so beautiful.


Hugs Riet.xx

Only By His Grace said...

hi Chris dear!
so nice to see you here again. The tags from Elly are beautiful and so is the pendant.

Yours too are gorgeous. I have never done this kind of craft. One day I will have a go at it.

Hugs Maz

whyducks said...

Yay she is back and on top form. Love what you both achieved, very, very clever. Talented girls both of you.

Christina C. said...

What an array of spectacular & artistic assortment of tags!!! Each one is a unique work of art.
Thanks for sharing your superb artistry!

Nicola said...

I've missed you Chris and glad to see you back! Love these tags from both you and Elly, your creativity is awesome and that spoon pendant is amazing!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Sandy said...

What do you meant thanks for staying until the end - I only wish it could have been twice as long. You know how much I love all this Chris - beautiful and makes my heart go pitter pat!
Sandy

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Beautiful works Chris :)