3 September 2012

Last days of summer


Hi everyone, hope you had a good weekend. At the Crafty Individuals Blog the new theme for September is 'last days of summer', well it would be good if we'd had one but as we haven't here's a summery art book spread that I'm entering into the challenge.

The whole spread is made using papers from the 6"x6" Crafty Individuals Background papers Book 6 (the seaside). I did image transfers with a couple of the papers and freehand cut and collaged over the transfer background with other papers from the book. Over the top of the papers I've added watercolour crayon in a couple of different ways, doodling and shading around the collaged elements. There's Ranger rock candy crackle paint over the heart and sea gulls, a sentiment strip from one of the papers that I cut up for the title within the heart. I also made and stuck down some tags, also from the CI paper, painted and glued on some grungeboard letters and added some splodges of white paint here and there.


I still have papers to spare in the book which is good as they're very pretty and very good quality so I hope they'll be continueing to produce them. Most of the papers have text backgrounds which I think can be seen more clearly in the scalloped top piece and the sun on my page, also on the beach huts at the bottom and I've used the Crafty Individuals CI-017 text stamp here and there over the spread with black Archival ink as well which means that I can enter the spread into the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge theme of  'read all about it' 


Back soon and thanks as always for your lovely comments, they're very much appreciated.

35 comments:

Sasha said...

Such wonderful texture and colour, Chris. I love how you completely transform things with your unique style. Your work is always amazing!

Netty said...

Loving your artbook spread, beautiful work. Annette x

Julie said...

Awesome Chris!

Hugs,
Julie

Redanne said...

Beautiful artbook spread Chris, gorgeous summery colours, lovely texture and dimension and love, love, love those beach huts - you do the most amazing work....... Crafty hugs, Anne x

Gio said...

You know how much I love your mixed media pieces! Belissimo!

froebelsternchen said...

terrific!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love your altered book! Such wonderful depth and texture.

Terry said...

Hiya Chris, thank you for sharing your fabulous creation on the Bloghop from Simon Says Stamp and Show, love the colors you have played with and the HEART wowwzersss it is fabulous, thank you for sharing and good luck. Hugs Terry xxxx

May said...

Wow! What a beautiful spread. I love the heart most especially, though I really love the coloring and edging/shading you have going on along the scallop at the top too. Amazing piece! Thank you for sharing, and for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Faye said...

Oooooooooooh, me likely! :) xx

Candy C said...

Chris...this is awesome! I so love the muted and blended background colors and tones. They are so so cool. Love the little row houses at the bottom of the book. Love the funky scallop at the top! Those little tags are equally cool on the cover...what a great project! Thanks for sharing your always inspiring art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...Chris your unique style simply shines through, I loVe your pages, the cratfy individuals papers are totally yummy, and bright and cheerful and add an instant glow, adore that sumptuious heart with it decorative aura and inner sparkle...your work makes me smile, that starts at my heart and radiates out...Melxx :)

G Peplow said...

Simply stunning Chris, I love the depth and range of colours and all the multi layering of images, superb!!! Gay x
p.s the weatherman say's it's going to be good for a few days :0) Hope he's right LOL x

Jean Hardy said...

This is such an original entry Chris - very painterly, and full of loveliness! Thanks for joining in the CI September Challenge. Jean

Sue from Oregon said...

Gorgeous Chris. Reminds me of a Monet watercolor!

June Nelson said...

This is fabulous Chris your work is always so beautiful and brilliant love it huggies June xxxxxxx

Minxy said...

WOW Your page is amazing, gorgeous colours and how you've coloured, really like the effect :)

Anne-Elise said...

Amazing work, Chris! So beautiful!

Elly said...

Ahhhh fantastic! Your choice of colours is awesome. (:o)

Nicola said...

Wow Chris, your work continues to inspire me and I can never get enough of seeing your gorgeous works of art, this is no exception - I love every detail!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Anonymous said...

Chris your art work is stunning as usual ! Sue c x

Brenda Brown said...

Mmmm this is really sumptuous Sue, the way you have incorporated the images and added the layers is fantastic, perfect for the CI September challenge. TFS.
hugs {brenda} xox

LAURA KANT said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Chris! LOVE your mixed media art work!

Hugs, Laura

whyducks said...

Great work!

Delphine said...

This is superb, Chris! Fantastic array of colours and details!!! I love the beach huts and skies, and the depth you create! And your heart is gorgeous! Fabulous work!!! Hugs Delphine xx

Julia S-W said...

Simply stunning - I love this so much.
Juliaxx

Shelby said...

Look at all of that lusciousness! Love how the watercolor crayons are layered to created wonderful interest and patterns in your design.

Shelby

Kay Carley said...

So colourful Chris. As always I'm in awe.

Really lovely to see you at the weekend and to hear your news ;) xx

Sandy said...

I must be out of my mind thinking I am going to exchange pieces of art with you (card or otherwise). But I am ----- I love what you have done here and I love reading how you did it but I am not going to let this scare me. Excuse me while I go cry into my pillow.
Sandy

Marjie Kemper said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love your blended colors, the transfers, tags, heart, etc... love ALL of it, really!

nefertiti said...

Wow!!! just gorgeous!!!!!!!bizz

Kjersti said...

This is stunning Chris, beautiful colours and a great design!
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Rita said...

Fantastic artwork Chris. Beautiful colours too. Hugs Rita xx

Sol said...

Fantastic Artistic Job.. Amazing Colors.. And So much to look at... Beautiful Work..!!! :o)

Daniele said...

ohhhh what a wonderful confection of artiness, love all the detail and colours
so glad you joined in the challenge at CI
hugs