Hi everyone, I hope you've had a good weekend! I had a lovely time at the Opening of The Craft Barn in it's new location, it's lovely to see friends and talk about crafts all day :D!
I've been playing with my gelli plate and with this plate speed is of the essence to get the mono prints taken before the acrylic paint dries. I saw that someone had tried adding glazing medium to the paint to extend the drying time but it occurred to me today that Distress Paints are slow drying and I thought I'd try them out with the gelli and found that they were perfect with it. I was able to work longer with stencils and manipulating the paint before I took my prints and ended up with several pages that I can use for other projects.
I used the waste card from cutting some tattered florals flowers as a stencil on my plate together with a couple of other stencils create what you see above. I used part of the print for the background and part of it I die cut with the tattered florals die. Nice to have been able to use the die in two ways for the tag.
The base tag is stamped with ditress ink and the light bulb image from a Tim Holtz blueprints stamp set as it was a light bulb moment for me :D.
I'm entering my tag into 'a very strict challenge' theme at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog.
Enjoy your evening.'