3 January 2014

Paperbabe Stamps - Christmas cards



Hi everyone and Happy New Year! I hope you had a great festive season if you celebrate and I wish you all the best for 2014.

As I haven't been able to blog over Christmas I thought I'd share a couple of cards I made with gorgeous Paperbabe stamps here and on the Paperbabe Stamps blog before it's too late! This one also tied in with Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique twelve tags of Christmas challenge that I really wanted to complete but time eluded me in the end, hopefully I'll manage it later this year :D. I also see that Tim Holtz's 12 tags of 2014 has started and I haven't finished last years ATCs!!!!! Hopefully I'll get into the swing again and finish that and also start on the new tags, I'm thinking of a tag album this time.


I used the really lovely Paperbabe Stamp set Bottle Brush Trees which I know will be a timeless Christmas set and I also used the lovely reindeer names text stamp from the Reindeer Fusions stamp set, another gorgeous vintage set to suit any taste. Lots of pretty golden shimmer in this one from Heirloom Gold perfect pearls dropped into water spritzed distress ink which I dragged my card through and I added a snowy feel with a spritz of white Dylusions spray ink.


My second card uses one of the element stamps from Reindeer Fusions, I love the ever useful element stamps that Kim always includes in her sets. The little star was stamped using pearly Brilliance ink over a stenciled background.


The snowflake is a Spellbinders die cut coloured with gelato sticks. I made a series of these cards in slightly different colourways and they were nice and quick to make up.

Have a great weekend.

Chris x

7 comments:

Fiona said...

Happy New Year Chris! And don't forget... bottle brush trees are not just for Christmas. Fabbo card as per.
xx

Jane said...

Ooh what great cards Chris
Happy New Year xx

Redanne said...

Your cards are both beautiful Chris, I am particularly drawn to the second one, I love blue at Christmas and that central snowflake is stunning. Can I just say too that I LOVE your glass technique this month in Craft Stamper, it is superb! Hugs, Anne x

Christina C. said...

Spectacular.....fabulous!!!!! So unique and creative, Chris!

Jenny Marples said...

These are both incredibly beautiful Chris! Love the whole shimmer to the first one and that stunning snowflake on the second one. Did you know Linda has extended the deadline to January 8th for the 12 Tags?
Hope you have a wonderful 2014. Jenny x

Sasha said...

Love them both, Chris! Those bottle brush trees look fab! A really useful set of stamps.

Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy New Year! xx

rachel said...

these are beautiful Chris - stunning xx