31 May 2014

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2014


Hi everyone, I hope you're well and enjoying the weekend. Managed to get the May Tim tag done today and although I don't have a huge amount of the more decorative ideology pieces, I did have enough to complete the tag. This time everything on the tag is a TH item which I think is a first! Tim Holtz's tag for May can be found here.



I didn't have the letterpress folders so I improvised with the wordplay die and cut the letters from chipboard and then cut them again from black card so that I could create a shadow effect by overlaying them. I chose paper from the TH Menagerie paper pad and created my distress ink background to match the floral parts of the paper in tattered rose, mowed lawn and mustard seed.

I'm enjoying the tags I've managed to do so far although I still have a couple that I need to post that were made but not in time to add to Tim's site. If you've been joining in with this I hope you're enjoying it too.

 

18 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Love the floral theme on this Chris and the way you've worked with the lettering. So clever. Jenny x

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Lovely version, I love looking at all these,it's amazing how different they all are. Just shows how inventive crafty people are!

Donna.x

Nicola said...

Such a beautiful and inspiring tag Chris, sorry I haven't had time to visit for a while, I'm really busy now that I'm running Simply Magnolia but love to catch up and see your wonderful works of art!
Hope you are well
Hugs Nicola xxx

rachel said...

beautiful Chris - I love your take on tims tag xx

Christina C. said...

Loving all the gorgeous tags you've been creating! Each and every one is a magnificent work of art!

Sandy said...

Beautifully done - so professional - wait a minute - you are a professional!!!!!
sandy xx

Paty said...

Great work Chris! I have always been curious about TH press but it seems like a money pit so I have hesitated to get it. Do you own one?

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, lovely - so pretty and fresh - a great take on the May tag!
Alison xx

Tincan Crafter said...

YOU DID IT AGAIN!!!!! Congratulations on your win and ofcourse you would - this is simply stunning!

Belinda Basson said...

Congrats on your win over on Tims site!

Almo said...

Congratulations on your win Chris love the summery feel of your tag with the floral background. Mo x

Jenny Marples said...

Woohoo!!!! SO pleased for you Chris! A very much deserved win. Jenny x

Redanne said...

Hi Chris, I was thrilled to see your name in the winner's list for this beautiful tag - huge congratulations! Anne x

Unknown said...

A beautiful tag, congrats on your win! >:o) Chris xxx

Anonymous said...

SUCH a pretty tag! I love the flowers and "Art". So nicely done! Congrats on your win at Tim's Tags!
Hugs,
Cathy

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your lovely winning tag in Tim's May Tag challenge! It's so pretty and your floral backgrounds are so happy! Fabulous! Congrats, again!

Heather Jacob said...

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee your work xoxo

Julie said...

love this, fab tag