31 May 2016

12 Tags of 2016 - May

.....except I'm starting on tag 5 :-). Hi everyone hope you had a good weekend, it was a long holiday weekend here with suitably varied weather but not too bad overall. I haven't done a Tim Holtz tag challenge for ages, sometimes it's nice to go through some techniques and a tag doesn't take too long so I had a look at the May tag which I'm just scraping in on and all the techniques are explained there by Tim.

I was inspired by the tissue tape or tissue wrap in my case resist technique and the tissue I used is the postal design which has lots of designs within it to isolate, I used some numbers and a pointing finger tag some of which has been buried under subsequent layers but it's a lovely effect with the ink resist on top. I paired up the numbers with Tim Holtz number block stamps and used the exclamation for the focal image.

I continued the blocks theme with the Tim Holtz blocks layering stencil and texture paste tinted with distress inks and crayons. I've also used splatters of distress spray inks in tarnished silver and picket fence, dyed some seam binding with distress stain, added some distress embossing powder and doodled with black and white pens to finish off.

Back soon,

Chris x

 

No comments: