16 September 2016

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge 42 - wings

 

We have a new challenge up on the Paperbabe Stamps blog today and this time the theme is 'wings' so there are lots of lovely possibilities for this one. I hope you can join us, there's a great prize from Kim and you don't have to use Paperbabe Stamps to enter.

I've made a new home card for a friend using the 5mm Mixed Media Polka Dot Stencil and the Whimsical Woodlands sets 3 (bunny) and 4 (butterfly). I like creating backgrounds using the small element stamps thatKim always designs in her sets and I also find them very useful, this time I used a tiny heart which I stamped in various ink colours in between the stencilled dots. I've also embellished the dots with pen on the background and on the roof of the little house.

 

The main part of the house has the wings element with the stamped butterflies. I went over the stamping with a wink of stellar glitter pen for some sparkle. My card base is made from two postage stamp edge square die cuts measuring around 4 inches and I've simply scored the back piece near the top to make a hinge and added adhesive tape above the score line to hold them together.

Bye for now,

Chris x

 

1 comment:

Carol S. said...

Love the bright colours and the butterflies are gorgeous. Pretty design and a great goft for your friend. Hugs, Carol S.xx