26 June 2015

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge 15

 

Hi everyone, another fortnight has whizzed by and its time for challenge 15 at Paperbabe Stamps blog. For this challenge we have an inspiration picture which can be a great way to spark off ideas to get creative.

My starting point from the photograph is the girl and as I planned to use a 5 x 5 inch canvas the Mixed Media Templates Mini Portrait - Face Templates and Doll Face Mini Stamp Set were the perfect size. I also decided on the busy pattern from the photo to be part of my canvas and this element was added first as a base layer with book text, tape and gelli printed painted paper.

I drew around the hair and face templates first of all with a stabilo all pencil and brushed in with some water to blend. The next step was to block in the face and neck area then I stamped the face and continued with the painting. I used acrylic paints by Paperartsy and some glazing medium was added where I did shading. I added some pen work lines here and there through the hair and redefined the stamped lines where the give in the canvas had left me with a slightly uneven imprint due to the collaged papers and tape.

The eye and lip colour were added with Sakura glaze pens and to finish off I added the name of the little girl this canvas is going to in white pen.

I hope you'll join us in the challenge, it'll be great if you do so with Paperbabe Stamps but you can still enter if you don't and there's a great prize up for grabs too,

Kim's Mixed Media workshop is tomorrow for those lucky enough to get a place, she's a wonderful artist and teacher so I'm sure it'll be a great day.

Have a lovely weekend!

Chris x

 

 

2 comments:

Cami said...

Stunning! I love your art work. The papers you used to paper piece her are just perfect. Have a wonderful weekend Chris!

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, this is stunning!!!