25 October 2015

Craft Barn Christmas Club

Hi everyone, hope you've had a good weekend. I'm sharing a project for The Craft Barn Christmas Club tomorrow which is inspired by some lovely rolled paper creations I saw on Pinterest.

Quite often I've seen this style created using patterned rolled scrapbooking papers but I decided to go opposite to the usual style and have a mainly white tree and colourful background so I used plain printer paper.

I've added a bit of stamping on the tree and dimension using glue gun dots and punched stars.

My background has stencilling with texture paste, stamping and texturing with black ink and paints, DecoArt acrylic paints and treasure gold gilding wax.

I've added some sparkle with stardust sticklers and given the tree some dimension with a wash of acrylic paints blended out.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the lovely ladies that join me once a month interpret the project, they always give it their own twist which I love.

Back soon,

Chris x

 

3 comments:

Carol S. said...

Love it!! Fantastic design and the colours are gorgeous. Hve fun! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Kelly said...

I love your tree, perfect coloring and textures are wonderful. So eye pleasing Chris. Have a great day,
Hugs Kelly

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful textures, great creation.