10 November 2015

Mixed Media Canvas 'Blush'

 

Hi everyone, I'm back today with another Finnabair style dimensional mixed media canvas and this time in a more feminine colour palette as opposed to my previous Gothic style canvas.

Again there are lots of Prima metal embellishments and flowers.

Fabric, flake, bead and glitter texture add depth and contrast around the larger objects and although these aren't colours I normally go for I like the effect of them together. It's hard to beat the enjoyment of making this style of project as it's completely absorbing.

I'm back on Friday with my Paperbabe Stamps challenge creation so have a good week until then.

Chris x

 

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

A stunning canvas - your colours and textures are amazing, Jo x

Sandy said...

Gorgeous Chris!
Sandy xx

Jenny Marples said...

Hugely beautiful Chris! And I LOVE your front cover on CS. Jenny x

Ann Marie Governale said...

Stunning!

Carol S. said...

Love it! Love it!! Wonderful piece of art Chris and the textures are brilliant. Right up my street! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Chris, your canvas is absolutely divine! I love the colors, love your personal touch to finnabair's style, love the composition, how you set the 2 clusters in opposites. Beautiful textures, again absolutely awesome! Hugs.

Kelly said...

oh I hear you, these are so fun and relaxing to make. I am in love with this canvas, the colors and items you used really show off well. It is so elegant and tasteful, one of your best ones. Stunning and you are so talented I really enjoy when you show us your work. Have a great day
Hugs Kelly

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Stunning texture and gorgeous piece. I LOVE the vintage pink tone!