17 December 2015

Paperbabe Stamps December Release - Day 2

Hi everyone, it's day two of the Paperbabe Stamps December Release and today we're introducing the first of Kim's new line of stencils with Herringbone. This is a great stencil for male themed projects but works really well in more feminine mixed media projects for texture as I've used it in my project.

The new fairy wing template is a wonderful addition to the template series giving lots of options for placement as it's in three pieces, I think the lacy edge is very pretty too.

I created my portrait girl first from the templates, painting in her skin with acrylics and hair and wing with watercolour markers before stamping her features. The background was coloured with gelato watercolours and then I removed colour using the Herringbone stencil with a baby wipe. I used the star stamps from the mini profile face stamp set around the background in various inks and added the Art Quote 'Light from within'. I finished up with lots of black pen work to give a bit of a comic book heroine feel, I imagine her having long hair down to her feet! :-D

Kim has more gorgeous inspiration on the Paperbabe Stamps Blog and links to all of the team blogs in today's post. The new stamps, templates and stencil will be ready to purchase at Paperbabe Stamps shop on Saturday and I'll be back with you tomorrow for the day three release.

Chris x

 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love her hair and wings the most, they are striking. I love these stamps and love the result so I was excited to see what you would make with them. This is gorgeous Chris, I love it!!
Merry Christmas.
Kelly

Juls said...

Wow this is stunning :-) xx