10 June 2016

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #34 - Anything Goes

Hi everyone, it's a new challenge on Paperbabe Stamps Blog starting today and this fortnight the theme is 'Anything Goes'! Everyone's favourite theme so I hope you can join us, there's a prize too as always.

I've made a mixed media card Chris using the Mixed Media Stencils Knit and Polka Dots, Wonderland Check and Art Quote Logic and Creativity stamps with lots of layers of stencilling and stamping with paint and distress crayons over a base layer of a pretty napkin.

The napkin isn't that obvious by the time all the layers are finished but it definitely adds to the richness of the effect. I'm very fond of this Art Quote sentiment of Kim's and how it's designed with different fonts and sizes of text. I stamped it onto white card then when the Archival ink was dry covered it in a layer of matte multi medium to preserve it. I then went over the top with distress crayons and you can see the texture of the brush strokes in the multi medium which harmonizes with the texture of the background.

Have a lovely weekend and I'll be back next week with the Paperbabe Stamps July Release which is a fantastic new product to be added to Kim's line.

Chris x

 

4 comments:

Carole C. said...

Hi Chris. Loving this, it looks so rich with the napkin base. What a lovely way to use one. Gorgeous! Must look for mine, which I seem to have misplaced!!
Carole xx

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous, LOVE the colorful colors!

SewPaperPaint said...

This is AAAAAH mazing! Wowzers, what a cool background and sentiment! PS. I decided to take CC101. :) See you there! <3

AndreaH said...

Love these cards. Thankyou for the inspiration and sharing I'm sure I will learn from you. Regards angie x