7 January 2010

Still on Christmas with PaperArtsy!

<KENOX S860  / Samsung S860>
<KENOX S860  / Samsung S860>
Hi everyone, hope you’re having a good week! Are you snowed in? We have about 8 inches of the white stuff here so we’re staying put!
This is a little Christmas tree ornament project I did before Christmas for the Craft Barn blog DT with some gorgeous PaperArtsy stamps, Ferro texture paste and precious metal paints and they were lovely to work with, I enjoyed doing it and made three of them.
Started off with a plain white chipboard arch which I covered on the right hand side with the Viva Decor Ferro texture paste in silver. While the paste was still wet I stamped into it with the Christmas tree stamp from PaperArtsy Egg and Nog 10 and I also pressed in the rows of gems at the edges at this point and allowed it dry. The whole thing was then painted with Viva precious metal paints in Azure blue and emerald green and while this was still wet I sprinkled on some green flock powder. When everything was dry I applied some Ranger Distress crackle Rock Candy paint over the left hand side and some Rock candy stickles and let it dry overnight. I used the poinsettia flower from the same Egg and Nog set, stamped it onto grunge paper cut it out then painted it with the precious metal paints, I added some perfect pearls powder while still wet. It was then curved a bit and glued to the arch with a gemstone for the centre.
To finish off I threaded some beads onto a jewellery head pin, curved a loop at the top of it and threaded through a hole near the bottom of the arch made with a piercing tool, I also added a loop of fibre through the pre-formed hole at the top to hang it on the tree. It sounds like a bit of a process but it was quite quick to make apart from allowing the crackle glaze to dry overnight and I made two of them in an evening. Take care and keep warm!

13 comments:

Marimer said...

Genial!!, este trabajo es pura creatividad e imaginación, precioso.Aqui estos materiales ni se conocen, pero tendría que ser valiente y probar con algo a mano, ya veré.
¡Que frio!, uff!! tanta nieve. Aqui e Tenerife, nos estamos bañando en el mar y se viste con tirante y zapatillas de playa, ¡que contraste para estar tan cerca! ¿verdad?.
Bss

Juls said...

wow just stunning!! Love all the added bling! Hugs Juls

Riet said...

Ohh wowww,what a beautiful tag Chris.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tara said...

This is so classy and elegant Chris and the rich colours are just divine!
Happy New Year ;o)
Big hugs, Tara xxx

Merry said...

So beautiful..wonderful colours.

Julie said...

This is gorgeous, I love the look of this kind of work but I don't like getting messy lol!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful decoration, just love the mega texturing and that you've played with such a lot of different products to give the texture.
Wonderful!
x Michelle

Chrissie said...

It looks wonderful, all yummy colours and textures!
I love it!
Chrissie

Nannieflash said...

Oh thats one fantastic tag, love the way youve created it, and the colours are gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Kim Dellow said...

Wow Chris this is just stunning. Love all that texture. Kim

Isabelle Norris said...

really, really beautiful work!!!
You know how much I loved it as soon as I saw it!
Thanks Chris
hugs,
isaxx

Julie said...

Wow- stunning, the colours are glorious and I love all the different textures!!! Super!! Juliex

Suzie Q said...

Hi Chris,
this truly is a work of art, those paints are so lovely and metallic i bet you won't be giving this away!
hugs
Suzie Qx