Hi everyone, I'm sharing my projects with Seth Apter's new mini's #41-48 for the release tonight on the PaperArtsy Blog. I very much admire Seth's art which is all about layering and his new mini's are perfect for making that easy and enjoyable as they all go together so well.
You can create depth and textural interest with the stamps by stamping in different colours and overlaying with black and further down the post you can see how I created my base layers with very quick and easy techniques.
My first make is a large Birthday Tag. I stamped with all of the stamps over my base layer in various coloured inks and finally with black.
Outlining some of the stamped images in white pen helps to bring them forward and add interest. Glossy dimensional glue has been added to the die cut letters and on the circles on the focal star from Seth's stamp set ESA 03 for extra shine.
I used a couple of Seth's embossing powders to create yet more texture on the die cut scalloped frame and on the wood star embellishments.
I cut a smaller tag from the same base layer outlined in white and also die cut some stars to add to the painted and glossed wood stars. I cut out the word 'create' from EM42 and used it for my sentiment.
I love the grunginess of some of the mini's in this collection. EM47 has those lovely grungy lines!
Similar to the tag above but slightly differently embellished and using the text 'your story' from MA46.
For this tag, I used the stamps with a gel plate print and the bolder design mini's work particularly well with the gel plate. The words are taken from MA46.
A die cut mono print is decorated with the same technique of outlining and this time made into a card, I like the more feminine colour scheme from this part of the print, colours tend to get mixed on the gel plate so you can end up with quite a variety of colour schemes which is perfect for batches of tags or cards that all look a little different.
The die cut heart is covered in glossy dimensional glue which I used to highlight areas of most of the samples.
Another card from a mono print.
All the ribbons I added were dyed with Infusions; damp the seam binding ribbon, sprinkle with Infusions powders and dry off.
I started off with a master board base layer adding various complimentary colours of Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics with a large brush, a few sprinklings of Infusions and finish with a lighter colour or two on top to bring it all together. This is a nice base for stamping all over with all of the stamps in various colours of ink.
The final touches are stamping in black and some outlining in with fine liner pens.
Repeat the process using Infusions in Slime, Royal Blood, Violetta and Olive Tree diluted in water. I stamped in black over these pieces and used for some of my layers and die cuts.
I usually keep a few paints in this little wood crate on my desk, it's patiently been waiting for some colour and pattern and the Mini's are lovely for creating random abstract patterns
I didn't mount the stamps on a block just dabbed on Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics and randomly stamped around the box, overlapping and not thinking about it too much. I really enjoyed finally getting some colour on this crate and I have another slightly bigger one to do next, perhaps I'll use the orange and pick selection I already have in the box and add a selection of blue/green paints to that one.